ADVOCACY and EDUCATION
- Presented FOUR major “Summits on LGBT Aging” across North Texas in the past 3 years,
- Multiple presentations to community groups/churches across the 4-county area (Tarrant, Dallas, Collin, and Denton)
- Collaboration with Equality Texas for legislative issues
- In 2018 we will be conducting Lunch & Learn series on each of our service tracks.
- Working Committee forming for all North Texas to understand how best to assess and train LGBT competency in the healthcare field across North Texas.
- Launched a program in January 2018 to work with senior housing facilities to become more LGBT Friendly
- The program is modeled on a similar initiative by SAGE Metro Portland, in Oregon
- CfA will publish the first "Guide to LGBT Friendly Senior Housing in North Texas" in Fall of 2018 to connect LGBT seniors to welcoming housing communities
- Volunteer training is in progress
- Click the link to learn more about our LGBT Friendly Senior Housing Program
- LGBT Caregiver Support Group in partnership with Alzheimer’s Association in Tarrant County and working with Alzheimer’s Association in Dallas County to explore similar collaborations.
- Implementing “Safe Social Spaces” events, monthly gatherings and providing the community with an online calendar of all activities: Click here to review the Community Calendar for North Texas